Saturday, March 19, 2011

One more pair of Gauntlet Gloves!



Going thru photos today, I found another pair of gauntlet gloves I made and forgot about, so didn't add them to the last post.   Probably due to the fact, in all honesty, that gauntlet gloves are something I really don't like making much.  Maybe because they are difficult to sew, or that they are difficult to fit.  Hard to make them right.

In fact I can use the work "hate" to make them, unless I am in the right mind to do so.  To prove that point, several years ago I had a proposal from a very important art collector that wanted me to make 24 pairs of gauntlet gloves.  Each one different and of my own art choice.  And I turned it down.  I still don't know if that was a smart move, as I would have had a good year, year and a half of steady work and probably a museum show and book out of it in the end.   But I just could not suffer the fact of making a total of 48 sewn and beaded hands.   But if ones does not like the art one is asked to do, then don't do it.  Life is too short.

And soon, under the suggestion of a friend, I will hopefully have all these Blog posts categorized under each type of item.  Its a bit of a search to look for specific types of items in this Blog as I have quite a few works up.

Angela

No comments: