Friday, October 1, 2010

Call me the "Gucci" of beaded purses!

Fall is here, and I am back to work. I have been commissioned to make several designer purses, so I thought to show the one that is currently in progress. When I got this commission (based on a set of dinnerware of all things) I thought to myself "Oh Man". Not what I would ever make. But I have got to say that as I have been working on this purse, I am really starting to love the clients idea. A challenge at first to get me out of my normal mode of thinking and what I would normally do. But now this has got me into wanting to do more experimentation. And I am using bead colors I usually run from. After this one and the other two I will be making, it will be exciting to see what comes out. So hope to have some totally new types of work to show soon.

Angela

2 comments:

Artist - David Lemon said...

Well Hello Gucci.... lol Where have you been?

Angela Swedberg said...

HI David. Just been as the saying goes "Busier than a one legged man in a ass kicking contest"
Hows things?