Sunday, August 8, 2010

PENDLETON ROUND UP BAG


Just finishing up a purse that was ordered for the Pendleton Round Up. This year will be the 100th Anniversary, so promises to be a "Goot One". This purse is in a antique Bakelite frame, beaded on smoked brain tanned hide, and is beaded in cut beads as well as some antique ones thrown in. The outlining of the image is 14k. gold plated beads. I also beaded the wooley chaps on the cowgirl to be textured like real wooly's are. And like most of the photos in this Blog, you can click each one and it will enlarge so you can see the detail.

Of course the day you want to take some photos....it rains. So hopefully I can get outside to do some better quality shots before this heads to its new home.

And, the hat is available if anyone is interested. It's a 7 1/4 BIG hat. But will make a statement where ever you wear it.

Angela

7 comments:

K. T. Sparks said...

Angela you are such a inspiration with your talents. You blow my socks off, keep up the good work and thank you for sharing your talents and continued success with your amazing creations.

gtyyup said...

That bag is gorgeous!! OK...so where will I find it at the Round Up? I'd love to see it in person if it's going to be on display somewhere! Well done~

Angela Swedberg said...

Thanks KT and Gttup! I made this for one of my clients who will be around town quite a bit. I know they rented out the old "whore house" for a party and will be at many of the events. But it will be in use and not a display. I hope I can make it down to the Round Up as well. Maybe haul down Cappy and do the parade as too!

Artist - David Lemon said...

How the heck do you do that.. It just is so perfect.. Not that I'm thinking of carrying a beaded bag of any kind... lol

gtyyup said...

Well, I'll keep my eye out for it...but I doubt if I'll spot it through the throngs of people!

I'm sure you'll post if you'll be doing the parade...so we can look for you. There are some other bloggers that will be meeting for breakfast at Stillman Park (the Cowboy Breakfast) one of the mornings. I'll post the date and time, so I hope you could come!!

RugerKate said...

Do you still make these items? Please contact me if so tatt2dcowgrl at yahoo

Angela Swedberg said...

Hi Kate - I will be making a whole new series of bags in the near future. Its been in the plans for a while in fact :-)